Oh gosh, this project took ages to finish. It literally took me six hours to make this. But I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
I substituted leathery-looking vinyl for leather because it’s cheaper, but in hindsight, it might have taken less time to finish if I had used leather… because apparently my sewing machine hates vinyl and spits it out like its sour milk. To make the process go a little quicker, I put paper over each vinyl side as I was sewing, but then I had to rip the paper off after I had sewed it and meticulously pick out all the little paper specks stuck between the threading. So in actuality, it didn’t really save any time.
I love the inside lining. Some of my favorite fabric I’ve bought so far.
A little close-up of the flower detail. Another person in Home Ec explained how to apply these flowers with a glue gun, but since I neither had a glue gun nor could find my hand-sewing needle, I had to apply them via machine, which took forever but I think adds a lot to the bag.